Friday, June 13, 2008

OK...here is the update from Texas!  It is HOT.  Duh right?! 
 
The Race for the Cure went very well!  Thanks to everyone that donated.  We raised close to $10,000 through donations and bake sales at work.  A lot of my co workers donated homemade treats and we sold them to everyone in our office for 2 days during lunch.  We brought in almost $1000!  It was a great experience for me. 
 
The family is great.  The kids are growing fast!  Anthony is 9 and Desiree will be 7 in September.  They will be staying with us the whole summer.  They are taking Taekwondo lessons the whole summer.  They just started classed this week and already Desiree has won best in class.  Since they did so good, I took them to get 7-11 slurpee's...their favorite treat! 
 
Ivan is doing great.  He is working hard out in the summer heat and his mechanic shop is thriving. 
 
I have decided to go to college.  I am currently attending Kaplan University (online) studying Medical Transcription.  After I finish my associates and get into the work I will decide if I will continue my education to pursure my bachelors in RN Administration. I have only been taking classes for 2 weeks but I have received 100% on my 4 projects I have turned in already!  Now I just have to maintain it!  
 
I hope everyone is doing well.  Hopefully we will see everyone in October for Rem's wedding!  (I'm hoping I'll be able to get the time off to see everyone again!)  Love you all! 

Elissa, Ivan, and family

No comments: